MongoSV is a one-day MongoDB conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center on December 9th. Our last conference in the Bay Area was sold out, so don’t wait until the last minute to get your ticket. Here are my top 5 reasons to go.
MongoSV is going to be packed with interesting content. Whether you are just starting to evaluate NoSQL databases or you are a long term user of MongoDB you will come away having learned something. Some of my picks:
- If you are just getting started: Check out the “Building your first MongoDB application”, “Schema Design Principles and Practice” and “How and When to Scale MongoDB with Sharding”
- If you want to understand the internals of MongoDB: “Life of a MongoDB Query”, ”MongoDB’s Storage Engine Bit-by-Bit”, “The MongoDB Magical Mystery Tour” talks are sure to be interesting
- If you are managing or about to manage a production deployment, then head over to the “MongoDB Survival Kit” or “Unbreakable: Deploying MongoDB for High Availability” talks
2. Meet the team
Many of the 10gen team will be there, so its a great opportunity to say hi. In addition to the scheduled talks, there will be whiteboard sessions throughout the day with @dmerr, @mathias_mongo, @hwaet, Richard, Paul and @eliothorowitz
3. Hear about real-life deployments
Ever wanted to know what its like to run and manage a MongoDB production deployment? We’ll have a bunch of users presenting about their use cases and experiences. The one I’m particularly interested in seeing is by PayPal/x.commerce on how on they are using MongoDB and a number of other open source projects for their new x.commerce platform.
4. See what the industry is up to
Amazon, Rackspace, VMware, RedHat, Microsoft, MongoHQ, MongoLab, Joyent, dotCloud, RightScale, Fusion-io, Virident, Nebula, Canonical, Jaspersoft and Pentaho will all be at MongoSV. So head over to their talks, stop by their booths to get some cool demos and hear their take on cloud platforms, open source, big data, and how they are weaving MongoDB into their products and services.
5. Have fun
There will be prizes. And good coffee (I hope). Maybe some redbull too. And, of course, an after party to end the day. If you are coming from San Francisco you can just hop on the “MongoDB Motors” chartered bus for door-to-door service.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to mongosv.com and use the code ‘noshblog’ for 25% off
See you there!
blog comments powered by Disqus
- Its been an interesting year for open source software
- Open source advantages - lessons from 10gen and MongoDB
- Why I work at 10gen on MongoDB (and why you probably should too)
- Some (unscientific) evidence of NoSQL adoption